Wednesday, September 29, 2010

People Bridges

Okay so today, I heard a story on this show, but it's an asian show so.. I'll be translating it to English so it makes more sense to me and to you.

A business man asks a farmer, "I want to bring your son to the city to work." and the farmer said no and told him to leave, "Okay.. I will help your son find a girlfriend if you let me bring him to the city." and the farmer still said no and asked him to leave. "The girl I find your son will be your future daughter-in law." and again the farmer said no and asked him to leave. "The girl I find your son will be the Duke's daughter." and the farmer agreed to let his son go.

Now the business man went to find the Duke, "Sir, I have a proposal, what if I were to find your daughter a boyfriend." the duke shook his head and told him to leave him. "Well what if this boy, were the CEO of the World Wide Bank Inc., and he became your future son in-law?" the Duke agreed with the business man.

The business man now went on to find the President of the World Wide Bank Inc. and asked him to immediately hire a new CEO. He shook his head and told him " I have tons of CEOs already, why would I need another one, and immediately too? Please leave." The business man told the president, "What if this man were the son-in law of the Duke?" The president agreed to hire him.

Thus the farmer's boy became the CEO of the World Wide Bank, and was the son-in law of the Duke. He didn't necessarily have any great talents, and he was a farmer's son.

No comments: